Client Services Coordinator - Hiring Now!
Are You An Amazing Communicator, Highly Organized & Love Following Processes, Genuinely Care About Helping People, And Thrive In A Setting Where You’re Ready To Solve The Next Challenge That Comes Up With Enthusiasm and Energy?
As a Client Services Coordinator for Carrot, your mission is to help make our customers successful and their lives more easy and happy… and to live and uphold the Core Values that we’re so passionate about in life and business.
Our mission is to add HUMANITY back to business and help people regain precious time in their lives for the things that matter.
We’ll be honest, this is a demanding role that requires you to have high follow through and pay close attention to detail. It’s critical we give our members an amazing experience when they place service orders through our marketplace.
You’ll join our mostly Oregon based team to delight our Carrot community with fast, friendly, useful, and “smile-worthy” service they can’t help but tell other people about.
So if this sounds like you so far… let’s learn a bit about what our Client Services Coordinator’s do… and the type of person that is ideal for this role.
- You have a love for helping people and care about the end result.
- You have some technical expertise and a je-ne-sais-quoi for problem-solving.
- You have an unstoppably upbeat attitude and love working with people.
- You live, eat, and breathe empathy and kindness (and a healthy dose of curiosity)
- You’re a bottomless well of patience and understanding.
- You might not be a poet, but you express yourself well in writing and verbally.
- You have experience in or are keen to work in a startup environment.
- You’re very process oriented and can’t stand it when things aren’t tidy.
- You are the type of person who sees a question or problem, and doesn’t just solve it and move on… but you ask other questions to see if you can prevent that problem from happening again with a process improvement.
- You have a zest for life and don’t mind spreading that energy to those you’re around.
About Your Average Day At Carrot:
For this particular role on our Customer Success team, your days will be doing a good mix of client communication and project management. You will do everything from
- Schedule calls with members and service providers
- Take notes on calls to make sure the member’s needs are addressed
- Communicate updates to the member and our team
- Follow processes to a T
- Create and run projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Communicate weekly numbers to make sure the services team is delivering value and on time.
Here Is What Your Day Might Look Like
- Your average day will start with you taking a short jaunt over to your home office or to Carrot HQ. In other words, you can work from anywhere you want. The beach, your house, a coffee shop (will just have to be mindful for noises if you’re doing phone calls that day), or at the office in downtown Roseburg, Oregon (8,000 sq. ft with a ping pong table, kitchen, lounge, boardroom).
- Then you’ll fire up Asana (our project management software) to briefly organize your projects and tidy things up so you’re clear on the objectives for the week. With that clarity, you’ll pop into Slack and give the rest of the team a quick “Hey! Good morning Y’all!” and dive into your day.
- Every Monday and Friday our team has an “all hands huddle” via Google Hangouts (or in person if you’re in the office) to quickly say “hey!” and review what we accomplished the week before, what we’re tackling the week to come (and how it ties to your mission for the week) and to ask any questions you have for other team members or get help removing anything getting in your way of getting things done. Tuesday – Thursday we have “office hours” where our Carrot leadership team is on a Google Hangout for 30 mins there to help anyone with anything.
- From here your average day will really be fluid.
- Often times the reactive and “on your feet” problem-solving side of this role will take you places you’d never expect that day to go. You might have a grump member who isn’t happy with a service they have ordered. You will need to jump into the order and understand their frustrations and put a plan together to smooth it out with them. In the middle of that, you might have a request from a Carrot team member to review a service order before it goes out the door. Needless to say, you will need to be able to multitask and handle multiple projects going on at once.
- Mid-day you may cut away and recharge with some yoga, a quick run, a quick read, some lunch… whatever floats your boat and keeps you energized in life. Then hop back in and tackle whatever else comes your way the rest of the day.
- We always end the days with a quick review in Slack on what you had a chance to accomplish that day and a final chance to help other team members end the day on a good note.
As you can imagine, being a team spread across multiple cities and states… maintaining an amazing culture can be more difficult than if we were all in the same office day in and day out. We’ve found some amazing tools and practices to help keep that culture thriving and fun.
But we’ve been able to build an amazing culture through our daily practices to connect with each other via hangouts and Slack… and multiple times per month some or all of our team gathers in person together for our “In-Office” days. Sometimes we’ll dive into focused work that day on a specific project… and sometimes we’ll grab some tubes and float the river on those hot summer days.
Every 6 months we fly the whole team in for one of our Carrot Retreats where we strategize, have fun, challenge ourselves to think bigger, and see how we’re doing on our goals. These are a blast and have been huge for our culture.
In the end, your role will be as critical to our culture as any other role in the company and we want you to LOVE getting up and working everyday. So any ways you can help us all live our core values more… bring it on! :-)
The Serious Stuff
This position will pay a very competitive salary and bonuses along with other attractive benefits:
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Fun “In-Office” days with the team
- Growth Perks:
- Free Books: Reading a book to help you grow in your life? Awesome, we’ll buy them for you
- Courses / Seminars: If you find resources that will help you improve your skills in life/business… we’ll pay for all or part of them
- Gym Stipend: Physical fitness is a big deal… so we’ll pick up the tab of your monthly gym membership up to $60/mo.
- Performance Bonuses: From time to time when the team crushes it… we all get rewarded. These aren’t scheduled bonuses, but we find that our team members are surprised by these perks
- Health Insurance 50% paid for
- 401k Plan
- The chance to learn in a fast paced environment things that you’d never be able to learn in a large organization. Everyone pitches in in multiple roles here so if you’re passionate about marketing as well… you better bet we’ll throw you some challenges in that area too.
No exceptions – in order to apply please provide the following:
1. Write a COVER LETTER
Addressing the following questions:
- Why do you think you’re a Superstar Client Services Coordinator. Give SPECIFIC and quantifiable examples of past achievements and/or accolades.
- Describe your experience in running projects, working with people to troubleshoot problems, and in your skills to communicate in awesome ways with clients.
- What’s the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
- Explain what you’re doing now for a job
- If you don’t have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
2. Update your RESUME and include it
3. Show us what you’ve got! What’s your typing speed?
Go to this page and take the 1 minute typing test titled “Rules of Baseball”. Then send us a screenshot of your score attached to the email below.
4. Email Everything
To us at the email address below… title the email [I’m the Client Services Coordinator you want for Carrot!!] in the subject line… AND include your favorite Carrot Core Value that you resonate with the most and WHY in the body of the email. Applications without a cover letter will be deleted.
If you make it to Round 2, you’ll receive explicit instructions on next steps, plus you’ll get detailed information on our company.
We like to have fun here but we’re also looking for people to come in and make an impact on day 1 for this role. If you think you are a fit, we want to talk with you :)
Email everything above to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s get this party started!