So you want to write for Carrot?
We’re always looking for savvy real estate professionals to share their knowledge with our audience. As you might have guessed, having the same people write content all the time can get a bit stale. So we welcome your expertise and would love to see your idea.
Unfortunately, though, we can’t accept every pitch we receive — and there’s a variety of reasons for that.
So let’s take a few minutes to talk about what we’re looking for here at Carrot and how you can craft an article that is practically guaranteed to get accepted by us.
Carrot Guest Post Guidelines
Why Write for Carrot?
First, though, what are the benefits of writing for Carrot?
Well, we have an audience of tens of thousands of people for every article that we publish (and that’s not counting the SEO juice that will come later). And you can be sure that we’ll promote your article to all of our social media profiles and email audience. Plus, we’ll include a backlink to your website in your author bio so that you gain some SEO benefit as well.
Finally, writing for us will help establish yourself as an expert in the real estate space. We are one of the top thought-leaders in the real estate niche, and by writing for us, you’ll be considered an expert as well.
Now, let’s dive into the nitty-gritty.
What Kind of Content Are We Looking for?
First and foremost, we won’t publish your content unless it’s original. It can’t be published anywhere else and, once published, we own the rights to your article and can make any changes to it that we see fit. You, however, will retain authorship and will be allowed to include a backlink to your website within your author bio.
Right now, we are looking for content that does two things.
- Genuinely helps our audience.
- Provides SEO benefit.
Ideally, the article you write will do both of these things, but if it doesn’t, then focus on the audience. We might accept an article that is wildly helpful but un-optimized for SEO. We will never accept an article that is written for SEO but doesn’t benefit the audience.
In terms of topics, we love stuff around,
- Real estate trends
- Real estate Facebook ads
- Real estate marketing tactics
This doesn’t mean you can’t pitch us an article outside of these topics. If you do, though, you have to convince us it’s worth our time. How do you do that? Write an amazing article. An amazing article includes…
- Practical applications for the audience.
- Stories that are relevant and help the audience hop over mindset hurdles.
- Images and screenshots that visualize your point.
- Stats and expert quotes that are credible and relevant.
- A conversational tone.
- A clean, clear, and coherent structure.
To learn more about the kind of content we love, check out:
Technical Aspects to Keep in Mind
Here’s everything you need to keep in mind when writing your article.
- We don’t accept outline or idea pitches. Pitch us your full, written article.
- Once published on our website, we own the rights to your content and can make changes as we see fit.
- DO NOT pitch us content that is already published elsewhere and DO NOT republish content on your own website that is already on our website.
- Write your article in Google Docs.
- Write an article that’s at least 1,000 words. But also be concise and don’t make it longer than it needs to be.
- Include images whenever you can.
- Back up your points and don’t just say something, assuming people are going to trust you.
- Give us about a week to respond to your pitch.
- Be creative, write what you know, and have fun with it. The audience can tell when the author cares about what they’re discussing.
How to Pitch your Article
Send your full articles to mike [at] oncarrot dot com or brendan [at] oncarrot dot com.
We look forward to seeing what you come up with! :-)